In 2011 the population of Ireland was about 6.4 million, ranking it the second-most populous island in Europe after Great Britain.
As of 2013, the amount of land that is wooded in Ireland is about 11% of the total, compared with a European average of 35%.
- Ireland shares boundary with United Kingdom which is approximately 360 km .
- The largest river in Ireland is Shannon which is 390 km.
- The largest export partner of Ireland is US.
- The largest import partner of Ireland is UK.
- There are 29 seaports in Ireland.
National Facts of Ireland#
- Shamrock is the national flower of Ireland.
- The national sport of Ireland is Gaelic Games.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland unter CC