unbekannter Gast

House of the Blackheads#

House of the Blackheads
Licensed under PD

The House of the Blackheads located in old town Riga Riga, Rīgas pilsēta, Lettland was first built in the 14th century for the Brotherhood of the Blackheads Guild, a guild for unmarried German merchants in the city.

The building was bombed by the Germans in 1941 and demolished by the Communists in 1948. Reconstruction took place between 1995 and 1999; the building currently serves as a museum and concert hall.