Moldova declared independence on August 27, 1991 as part of the dissolution of the Soviet Union. The current Constitution of Moldova was adopted in 1994.
A strip of Moldovan territory on the east bank of the river Dniester has been under the de facto control of the breakaway government of Transnistria since 1990.
- Moldova is a land locked country.
- Moldova has largest boundary with Ukraine which is approximately 940 km.
- Moldova has shortest boundary with Romania which is approximately 450 km.
- The largest river in Moldova is Danube which is 2850 km.
- The largest export partner of Moldova is Russia.
- The largest import partner of Moldova is Ukraine.
- There is 1 seaport in Moldova.
Tourist Attraction#Moldova's stunning All Saints Church sits in Armenian Cemetery in the capital, Chisinau.
- The national dance of Moldova is Hora.
- The famous dishes of Moldova is Mămăligă, Sarmale, Mici.