unbekannter Gast

The Church of the Nativity #

The Church of the Nativity
Licensed under PD

The Church of the Nativity was one of three Neoclassical churches in the Podil area of Kyiv that was destroyed by the Soviet Government in the 1930s.

Originally constructed between 1809 and 1814, it was chiefly remembered as the church where the body of Taras Shevchenko, Ukraines national bard, lay in state in 1861 while on its way to its final resting place in Kaniv. Torn down in 1935, the church was rebuilt in 2005.