St. Johns Church #
St. Johns Church in the Grund District.
View of modern Luxembourg City from Fort Thungen.
Fort Thungen Fort Thüngen, Luxemburg is colloquially known as Three Acorns because of the acorn located atop each of its three towers. The structure was mostly demolished after the 1867 Treaty of London, which stipulated the removal of Luxembourg Citys numerous fortifications.
It was completely rebuilt in the 1990s. The Museum of Modern Art (Mudam) may be seen in the background.
Place Guillaume #
Place Guillaume (William Square) in Luxembourg City is located at the southeast corner of Place dArmes. It has a statue of King William II at its center and is surrounded by cafes and the Hotel de Ville (Town Hall).