Bad Waltersdorf, market town in the district of Hartberg, Styria, pop.1986, alt. 290 m, area 31.84 km2 , in the Safen valley north of Fuerstenfeld. Thermal spa since 1984, hotels and other tourist establishments, wine growing. - First settled in Roman times; village re-established by Walter von Traisen around 1130. Baroque parish church of St. Margaret's (1689-97) with Baroque interior; next to rectory (1773-74) Roman Museum with interesting late-Roman funerary sculptures.