Dianabad, built by K. von Moreau in 1808 (swimming baths 1841-1843), extensions by Otto Wagner in 1878. In wintertime it was used as a ballroom and concert hall (premiere of "The Blue Danube" waltz in a vocal version on February 15, 1867). The baths, rebuilt from 1913-1917 according to plans by P. P. Brang, were heavily damaged in 1945 and pulled down in 1963 to 1967. A new building designed F. Gruenberger and G. Lippert was put up in 1969-1974, but was largely destroyed by a fire in the 1990s. In 1998 construction began on a modern theme bath and a block of office buildings for the Raiffeisen bank. Construction was planned to terminate in 2000.
planned to terminate -> finished
-- Pachl W, Mittwoch, 9. April 2014, 22:13