Ebreichsdorf, Lower Austria, market town in the district of Baden, alt. 202 m, pop. 7,353 (1981: pop. 5,607), area 43.23 km2, road junction, industrial and commercial centre in Piestingtal valley in the southern part of the Vienna Basin. - Golf course, social welfare department of Baden youth office, cultural centre; in 1991, 55 % of the workforce were engaged in manufacturing, dominant sector is metal processing (Nirosta products, special-purpose machinery, apparatus engineering, steel constructions); others include wood processing (large-scale joinery), production of fodder and prefabricated houses, book printing; important service sectors are trade, personal, social and public services. - Former cloth factory (18th century); late Gothic parish church of St. Andrew with some Romanesque elements, reconstructed in Baroque style in 1705/06. Trinity obelisk from the early 18th century; Renaissance castle (1581-1588), with two towers and arcaded courtyard, in 1704/05 and 1890 historicist reconstruction; Gothic chapel (around 1400). In the village of Weigelsdorf, Gothic parish church (documented before 1282) with Romanesque elements and stone reliefs which are thought to be pre-Romanesque.
Literature#O. Pasteka, Pfarrgeschichte von Ebreichsdorf, 1983.