b. Judenburg (Styria), June 19, 1921, electrical engineer. Studied electrical engineering at Graz, then worked for Siemens AG in Vienna and Berlin (1950-60) and Maschinenfabrik Oerlikon of Zurich (1960-63). From 1963 until 1986 professor and department head of the Department for Electromagnetic Energy Conversion, Graz University of Technology; 1977-87 also headed the Joanneum Anstalt fuer Tieftemperaturforschung (Institute of Low Temperature Research) at Graz. Holds numerous patents.
Works#Elektromagnetische Energieumwandlung, 1975