Arbesbach, Lower Austria, market town in the district of Zwettl, alt. 849 m, pop. 1770, area 54.98 km2, in the upper reaches of the River Grosser Kamp. - Timber processing, some tourism. - First documented in 1246 as "Arwaizpach"; Baroque parish church (1761-72); pillory (1615); one set of the few surviving gallows in the Waldviertel region is located to the southwest of Arbesbach, castle ruins (known locally as the "Stockzahn des Waldviertels", 12th century, probably founded by the Kuenringers), palace (1593).
Further reading#M. Mauritz, Arbesbach, 1983.