Aschbach-Markt, Lower Austria, market town in the district of Amstetten, alt. 310 m, pop. 3,213, area 37.22 km2, on the River Url. Bridge maintenance station; Congregation of School Sisters; poultry farming, concrete works, dairy. - First documented 1116; important in the Middle Ages because of iron and salt trading (located on the "Salt Road"). Late Gothic parish church of St. Martin, Rococo organ (1753).
Further reading#G. Ebner, Beitraege zur Geschichte des Marktes Aschbach, doctoral thesis, Vienna 1973.