Boeheimkirchen, Lower Austria, market town in the district of St. Poelten, alt. 247 m, pop. 4,145, area 45.58 km2, situated in the Upper Perschlingtal valley on the edge of the Alpine foreland east of St. Poelten. - River regulation depot; wood and metal processing (2 furniture-production companies, large metalworking shops). - Fortification from the early Bronze Age on the Boeheimkirchen plateau (bronze processing); also rich pottery finds (several tons), fortification is therefore thought to date from the 17th -16th centuries B.C. Parish church (1731-1734) with Gothic choir and late Gothic western tower. Area around Boeheimkirchen: Romanesque subsidiary church at Lanzendorf with leaning western tower (Gothic); church of St. Peter am Anger at Ausserkasten (early Baroque high altar), Carmelite convent of Maria Jeutendorf, Neutenstein castle at Untergrafendorf.
Literature#W. Haeusler, Geschichte von Boeheimkirchen, 1985.