Bad Wimsbach-Neydharting, Upper Austria, market town in the district of Wels-Land, alt. 387 m, pop. 2,300, area 24.32 km2, spa town on a terrace near mud bath, health tourism (28,800 overnight stays); Austrian Mud and Pelotherapy Research Institute, mud and pelotherapy museum in the Paracelsushaus, museums of local history, traffic and young marksmen, Budweis railway museum, steel construction, wood working, button factory. First documentary mention in 1103, development as a spa town after 1940, Baroque parish church (altered 1688-1691 by C. A. Carlone, remains of the earlier Gothic parts of the church), palace (13th century, existing in its present form since around 1730), ruin site of the former moated castle of Neydharting (approx. 1525), Roman "villa rustica" (approx. 100 A.D., unearthed in 1951) in the Totenhoelzl woodland, Neydhartinger Moor nature reserve.
Literature#O. Stoeber, Ewiges Moor von Neydharting, 1970.