Bezegg Pass, Vorarlberg, pass in the Bregenzerwald mountain region, alt. 900 m, between Bezau and Andelsbuch, one of the most famous places in Vorarlberg with the "Bezegg-Sul", built by F.v. Schmidt in commemoration of the wooden town hall which was dismantled in 1807. In the old town hall, the freely elected Landammann (governor) and Council settled the affairs of the Bregenzerwald region. The town hall, seat of the "Waelderparlament" (local parliament), was erected on four high stone pillars, the only way of access being through a trapdoor via a ladder, which was taken away until all matters had been settled.