unbekannter Gast


Library Royalties, also called "Bibliotheksgroschen" (library penny), based on the Copyright Act of 1993. Since 1996, the libraries have had to pay a fee to the authors of books held by them. A blanket agreement between the federal government, the provinces and copyright collecting societies set the aggregate royalties at 8 million ATS per year. 75% of this sum is paid by the federal government, the remaining 25% by the provinces. The profits are divided between the participating copyright collecting societies.