Brenner, Der, journal for art and culture, founded by L. v. Ficker, 1910-1914 fortnightly journal, from 1919 yearbook, publication ceased in 1954. Until the beginning of the 1920s the journal was the mouthpiece of Expressionism; thereafter a reorientation towards linguistic-philosophical and theological essays and poetry took place under the influence of F. Ebner and H.-J. Haecker. From that time on the "Brenner Circle" around Ficker was characterised by radical Christian introspection. - The Brenner Archives research institute has formed part of Innsbruck University since 1964.
Literature#G Stieg, Der "Brenner" und die "Fackel", 1976.