b. Vienna, Feb. 11, 1830, d. Vienna, Dec. 7, 1907, historical and portrait painter, studied at the Academy in Vienna, worked with C. Rahl; frescoes and ceiling frescoes in many private and public buildings around the time the Ringstrasse was built ("Musikverein" concert house, Parliament building, Burgtheater, Vienna Town Hall, Kunsthistorisches Museum, etc.), 1872-1891 professor at the Academy in Vienna.
Literature#W. Kitlitschka, Die Malerei der Wr. Ringstrasse, 1981; H. Tichy, A. E., 2 vols., master´s thesis, Vienna 1998.