Frantschach AG, Austria's largest paper group, founded in 1881 by Count H. Henckel von Donnersmarck in Frantschach (Carinthia); from 1967 owned by H. K. E. Hartmann, who developed the company into an international group with production sites, subsidiaries and sales outlets in various countries throughout the world involved in the manufacturing of pulp, paper and packaging materials, as well as wholesale sale of paper. Total sales in 1998 came to approximately ATS 19 billion; Frantschach AG employed 7,200 persons. The company is divided into 3 business sectors: pulp, office stationary ( Neusiedler AG), pulp ( Zellstoff Poels AG) and paper wholesale (Europapier AG. The packaging sub-sector was consolidated into the 100 % subsidiary Frantschach Packaging AG in 1995, which has 32 business sites (one of which is Patria Papier & Zellstoff AG) in 20 countries and is worldwide market leader in the industrial paper bags. In 2004, Frantschach AG was taken over by Anglo American, the then majority owner of Mondi.