Gaschurn, Vorarlberg, municipality in the district of Bludenz, alt. 979 m, pop. 1,714, area 176.78 km2, bi-seasonal tourism (424,748 overnight stays), situated in the upper Montafon valley close to the Swiss border; the municipality consists of the Walser settlement G. (first documented mention 1423) and the Partenen village (1499); largest municipality of Vorarlberg in terms of area. - Customs post, Partenen toll-gate for the Silvretta Alpine road (built 1954); Vermunt region with artificial lakes and storage power stations of the Vorarlberger Illwerke AG (Partenen): Obervermunt plant (built 1943; 44,639 MWh), Kops plant (built 1969; 391,850 MWh), Vermunt plant (built 1930; 259,920 MWh). "Versettlabahn" monocable leading to Lake Rehsee and Burggrat ridge. Wood-working industry. - Parish church (1867/68); Maria Schnee chapel (1637); farmers´ houses: Paarhoefe farmsteads (17th -18th centuries; usually arranged around two inner courts); "Haus des Gastes", where the bishop of Linz, F. J. Rudigier, was born (1811), exhibition of traditional arts and crafts. Situated close to the Garneraschlucht gorge and the "Silvretta Nova" skiing area.