Guntramsdorf, Lower Austria, market town in the district of Moedling, alt. 193 m, pop. 6,977 (1981: pop. 6,090), area 14.86 km2, in the Vienna Basin southeast of Moedling. - Lehrbauhof Ost (training centre for building apprentices), sports hall, youth welfare centre, Institute for Business Promotion; equal distribution of commerce, industry and trade: car-painting and dealing, gristmill, chemical works, production of filters, road-marking company, former roller-engraving works (now industrial museum and estate with several small commercial enterprises). - Body and urn burial grounds of the early and middle La Tène Culture. Parish church (1950), column dedicated to the Virgin Mary (around 1400). Frescoes (from around 1720, attributed to J. Drentwett) in the Baroque garden pavilion of a castle which no longer exists.
Literature#J. Knoll, Chronik der Marktgemeinde und der Pfarre Guntramsdorf, 1957.