Ronacher ("Etablissement Ronacher"), theatre in the first district of Vienna, built in 1871/72 by F. Fellner the Elder; managed by H. Laube as Stadttheater, Wiener. Destroyed by fire in 1884; in 1887/88 F. Fellner jr. and H. Helmer were charged by Anton Ronacher with the reconstruction of the Ronacher as a "concert and ballhouse"; reopened in 1888 as "Etablissement Ronacher"; from 1891 regular theatre performances (revues, variety shows); between 1945 and 1955 the "Etablissement Ronacher" served as a stage for the actors of the Burgtheater, which had been destroyed by fire at the end of the war; afterwards again put on variety shows; between 1960 and 1976 productions of the ORF and studio productions; integrated into the Vereinigte Buehnen Wien Ges. m. b. H. in 1987; reopened in 1988 with the performance of the musical "Cats"; completely renovated between 1991 and 1993.
Literature#H. Ihlau, Das Ronacher als Varietetheater, doctoral thesis, Wien 1978; L. E. Seelig, Ronacher. Geschichte eines Hauses, 1986; G. Eberstaller, Ronacher. Ein Theater seiner Zeit, 1993.