unbekannter Gast

Dresden - Church of the Royal Court#

Dresden - Church of the Royal Court
Dresden - Church of the Royal Court, 2014, © Leopold Röhrer

This Catholic church, built in the style of the Dresden Baroque, is one of the largest church buildings in Saxony and as the former church of the royal court connected with the Dresden Castle by a crossing. Since 1998, the mitre of Saint Benno von Meißen has been preserved and enshrined as a relic on the altar of one of its four corner chapels. Benno von Meißen has been Bishop of Meissen from 1066 - 1106.
Diese katholische Kirche, im Stil des Dresdner Barocks errichtet, ist einer der größten Kirchenbauten Sachsens und als ehemalige Hofkirche durch einen Übergang mit dem Residenzschloss verbunden. In einer ihrer vier Eckkapellen wird seit 1998 die Mitra des heiligen Benno von Meißen auf dem dortigen Altar als Reliquie aufbewahrt und verehrt. Benno von Meißen war von 1066 - 1106 Bischof von Meißen.