unbekannter Gast

Dresden - Coselpalais#

Dresden - Coselpalais
Dresden - Coselpalais, 2014, © Leopold Röhrer

Until 1764 two two-storey side wings with simple designs surrounding the court of honor were added to a late-baroque building with five storeys and eleven axes. On the first floor was a ceremonial hall. The twelve children's sculptures on the gateway are regarded as the highlight of the Dresden Baroque. From 1845 to 1853 the 'Russian Hotel' was placed here, afterwards the building served as a presidium of the police until 1901 and, among other things, as an office building for the Saxon building authority. In February 1945 the palace was destroyed during the air raids on Dresden. After its reconstruction, several restaurants and offices are now housed in the Palais.
Das spätbarocke Gebäude war fünfgeschossig und elfachsig, dem bis zum Jahr 1764 zwei zweigeschossige Seitenflügel mit einfachen Formen angefügt wurden, die den Ehrenhof umgaben. Im ersten Obergeschoss befand sich ein Festsaal. Die zwölf Kinderplastiken auf dem Toreingang gelten als Höhepunkt des Dresdner Barocks. Von 1845 bis 1853 war hier das „Russische Hotel“ untergebracht, danach diente das Gebäudes der Polizei bis 1901 als Präsidium und unter anderem als Bürogebäude für das sächsische Bauamt. Im Februar 1945 wurde das Palais bei den Luftangriffen auf Dresden zerstört. Nach seinem Wiederaufbau sind heute mehrere Restaurants sowie Büroräume im Palais untergebracht.