In 1235 a chapel at the site of St. Lorenz St. Lorenz, Lorenzer Platz, Nürnberg, Deutschland is first mentioned. The church, dedicated to Saint Lawrence, is a medieval church which was completed around 1400. Furthermore it is one of the first churches in Germany to be Lutheran (1525) and one of the most prominent churches of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria. During World War II the church was severely damaged. Two towers dominate the facade, mirroring the church St. Sebald and indirectly also Bamberg.