unbekannter Gast

Fulda - View of the Parish Church of Saint Blaise#

Fulda - View of the Parish Church of Saint Blaise
Fulda - View of the Parish Church of Saint Blaise, 2015, © Leopold Röhrer

The Catholic Parish Church of Saint Blaise was built in baroque style between 1771 and 1785 by Prince-Bishop Heinrich von Bibra after demolishing the old church. Around 950 AD the first parish church had been built, which then also had been surrounded by a cemetery. Around the year 1100, this church was followed by a Romanesque building and, in the middle of the 15th century, a Gothic new building followed, of which the northwest tower with some architectural remains from this period is still existing.
Die Katholische Stadtpfarrkirche St. Blasius wurde von 1771 bis 1785 unter Fürstbischof Heinrich von Bibra nach Abriss der alten Kirche im barocken Stil erbaut. Um das Jahr 950 n. Chr. war die erste Stadtpfarrkirche errichtet worden, die damals auch von einem Friedhof umgeben war. Danach folgte eine romanischer Bau um das Jahr 1100 und Mitte des 15. Jhdt. ein gotischer Neubau, von dem noch der Nordwestturm mit einigen baulichen Resten aus dieser Zeit erhalten geblieben ist.