St. Johns Church, Luxembourg#
St. Johns Church was originally built in 1606. It became the place of worship for Benedictine monks from Neumunster Abbey in the Grund District of Luxembourg City.
The present church dates from the late 17th century and has a fine baroque interior. One of its greatest treasurers is a Black Madonna created in the 14th century.
The abbey was used as a prison from the mid-19th century to the late-20th century.