Wir freuen uns über jede Rückmeldung. Ihre Botschaft geht nur an das Administrator Team. Danke fürs Mitmachen, das zur Verbesserung des Systems oder der Inhalte beitragen kann. Ihre Nachricht (optional mit Ihrer E-Mail):
unbekannter Gast

Four Domes Pavilion#

Four Domes Pavilion
Four Domes Pavilion, © visitwroclaw.eu

The Four Domes Pavilivon was designed by the famous architect Hans Poelzig and built in the years 1912-1913 with the use of reinforced concrete, which was a novelty then. After almost seventy years the Four Domes Pavilion (Pawilon Czterech Kopuł), one of the most interesting modernist buildings of Wrocław, became available for the public. On 25th June 2016 a new branch of the National Museum was opened here - the Museum of Contemporary Art. At first it served mainly as an exhibition centre - in 1913 it hosted an exhibition organised for the 100th anniversary of the victory over Napoleon. In 2006 it became part of the UNESCO World Heritage List. The refreshed building presents a collection of Polish contemporary art created by the most prominent artists of the second half of the 20th century and 21st century. Among others there are works of: Magdalena Abakanowicz, Paweł Althamer, Mirosław Bałka, Jerzy Bereś, Krzysztof Bednarski, Tadeusz Brzozowski, Waldemar Cwenarski, Stanisław Dróżdż, Józef Gielniak, Izabella Gustowska, Władysław Hasior, Józef Hałas, Tadeusz Kantor, Aleksander Kobzdej, Katarzyna Kozyra, Natalia Lach-Lachowicz, Alfred Lenica, Jan Lebenstein, Alfons Mazurkiewicz, Jerzy Nowosielski, Roman Opałka, Jerzy Rosołowicz, Henryk Stażewski, Władysław Strzemiński, Alina Szapocznikow, Jerzy Tchórzewski, Andrzej Wróblewski. The new exhibition centre will also present temporary exhibitions. On Tuesdays the entrance to the permanent exhibition is free.