Cathedral Saint Save#
The Church of Saint Sava is a Serbian Orthodox church located in Belgrade. It is one of the largest Orthodox churches in the world and ranks among the largest church buildings in the world.
The church is dedicated to Saint Sava, the founder of the Serbian Orthodox Church and an important figure in medieval Serbia. It is built on a location where the remains of Saint Sava were burned in 1595 by Ottoman Grand Vizier Sinan Pasha. From its location, it dominates Belgrade's cityscape. It is the most monumental building in the city.