Altlerchenfeld Church (of the 7 Sanctuaries), in 7th district of Vienna, one of the main works of Romantic Historicism built in northern Italian style. Richly divided basilica built of unfired bricks, begun in 1848 by P. Sprenger, J. G. Mueller and E. van der Nuell, completed 1850 under F. Sitte, consecrated 1861. Richly decorated with wall paintings in Nazarene style: Christological work by J. von Fuehrich, executed by C. Blaas, E. Engerth, L. Kupelwieser and others; ornament designs by E. van der Nuell.
Further reading#N. Nemetschke and G. Kugler, Lexikon der Wiener Kunst und Kultur, 1990.