The largest religious group in Benin is Roman Catholicism, followed closely by Islam, Vodun and Protestantism.
In 1960, Dahomey gained full independence from France, and had a tumultuous period with many different democratic governments, many military coups and military governments.
A Marxist–Leninist state called the People's Republic of Benin existed between 1975 and 1990. In 1991, it was replaced by the current multi-party Republic of Benin.
- Benin has largest boundary with Nigeria which is approximately 773 km.
- Benin has shortest boundary with Niger which is approximately 266 km.
- The largest river in Benin is Niger River which is 4180 km.
- The largest export partner of Benin is China.
- The largest import partner of Benin is China.
Tourist Attraction#Fish and chicken are on offer at the colorful Dantokpa market in Cotonou.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benin