Following a referendum in August 2010 and adoption of a new constitution, Kenya is now divided into 47 semi-autonomous counties, governed by elected governors.
- Kenya has largest boundary with Uganda which is approximately 933 km.
- Kenya has shortest boundary with South Sudan which is approximately 232 km.
- The largest river in Kenya is Nile which is 6650 km.
- The largest export partner of Kenya is Uganda.
- The largest import partner of Kenya is India.
- There are 15 seaports in Kenya.
Special facts about Nobel Prize winners#
- Kenya has only 1 Nobel Prize winner Wangari Muta Maathai. (Counting winners if born in Kenya)
- The first Kenya born Nobel Prize winner got this award quite late, 103 years after first Nobel Prize was awarded in 1901.
Tourist Attraction#Sunset falls on a Maasai boy on Kenya's Masai Mara National Reserve.
- The national bird of Kenya is Lilac-breasted roller.
- The national dishes of Kenya are Ugali, Sukuma wiki, Nyama choma etc.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya unter CC