The country became an independent state on 12 March 1968, following the adoption of a new constitution.
In 1992, Mauritius became a republic within the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The largest river in Mauritius is Grand River South which is 180 km.
- The largest export partner of Mauritius is UK.
- The largest import partner of Mauritius is India.
- There are 2 seaports in Mauritius.
Tourist Attraction#Reefs ring the volcanic main island of Mauritius, at the end of the rainbow.
- The national bird of Mauritius is Dodo.