Following a military coup in 2010, Niger has become a democratic, multi-party state.
Niger covers a land area of almost 1,270,000 km2, making it the largest country in West Africa, with over 80 percent of its land area covered by the Sahara Desert.
- Niger is a land locked country.
- Niger has largest boundary with Nigeria which is approximately 1497 km.
- Niger has shortest boundary with Benin which is approximately 266 km.
- The largest river in Niger is Niger River which is 4180 km.
- The largest export partner of Niger is Nigeria.
- The largest import partner of Niger is France.
- There are 1 seaports in Niger.
Tourist Attraction#Laborers work to produce salt at Teguidda-n-Tessoumt in Niger.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger unter CC