Togo gained its independence from France in 1960. In 1967, Gnassingbé Eyadéma led a successful military coup after which he became president.
At the time of his death in 2005, Gnassingbé was the longest-serving leader in modern African history, after having been president for 38 years. In 2005, his son Faure Gnassingbé was elected president.
- Togo has largest boundary with Ghana which is approximately 877 km.
- Togo has shortest boundary with Burkina Faso which is approximately 126 km.
- The largest river in Togo is Volta which is 1600 km.
- The largest export partner of Togo is India.
- The largest import partner of Togo is China.
- There are 2 seaports in Togo.
Tourist Attraction#Fishermen chase the day's catch in the waters of Togo.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Togo unter CC