It was twice ranked the best performing country in the New Economics Foundation's (NEF) Happy Planet Index, which measures environmental sustainability, and identified by the NEF as the greenest country in the world in 2009.
- Costa Rica has largest boundary with Panama which is approximately 330 km.
- Costa Rica has shortest boundary with Nicaragua which is approximately 309 km.
- The largest river in Costa Rica is Reventazón which is 140 km.
- The largest export partner of Costa Rica is US.
- The largest import partner of Costa Rica is US.
- There are 8 seaports in Costa Rica.
Surprising facts about Nobel Prize winners#
- Costa Rica has only 1 Nobel Prize winner Oscar Arias Sánchez. (Counting winners if born in Costa Rica)
- The first Costa Rica born Nobel Prize winner got this award quite late 86 years after first Nobel Prize was awarded in 1901.
Tourist Attraction#Thrill-seeking kayakers negotiate a perilous suspension bridge soaring over Costa Rica’s Savegre River, near Manuel Antonio National Park.
- The national bird of Costa Rica is Clay-colored thrush (Turdus).
- Guaria Morada is the national flower of Costa Rica.
- The famous dance of Costa Rica is Punto Guanacasteco.
- The famous dish of Costa Rica is Gallo pinto.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costa Rica unter CC