Upon the republic's dissolution in 1841, El Salvador became sovereign until forming a short-lived union with Honduras and Nicaragua called the Greater Republic of Central America, which lasted from 1895 to 1898.
As of 2010, El Salvador ranks 12th among Latin American countries in terms of the Human Development Index and fourth in Central America (behind Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize) due in part to ongoing rapid industrialisation.
- El Salvador has largest boundary with Honduras which is approximately 342 km.
- El Salvador has shortest boundary with Guatemala which is approximately 203 km.
- The largest river in El Salvador is Lempa which is 320 km.
- The largest export partner of El Salvador is US.
- The largest import partner of El Salvador is US.
- There are 7 seaports in El Salvador.
Tourist Attraction#El Salvador's highest peak, the Santa Ana (Ilamatepec) Volcano, erupted in 2005.
- The national bird of El Salvador is Turquoise-browed motmot.
- The famous dance of El Salvador is Xuc.
- The famous dishe of El Salvador is Pupusa.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El Salvador unter CC