Since its independence, Nicaragua has undergone periods of political unrest, dictatorship, and fiscal crisis—the most notable causes that led to the Nicaraguan Revolution of the 1960s and 1970s.
- Nicaragua has largest boundary with Honduras which is approximately 922 km.
- Nicaragua has shortest boundary with Costa Rica which is approximately 309 km.
- The largest river in Nicaragua is Coco which is 780 km.
- The largest export partner of Nicaragua is US.
- The largest import partner of Nicaragua is US.
- There are 8 seaports in Nicaragua.
Tourist Attraction#Nicaragua's remote Miskito Cays were once a popular pirate hideout.
- The national bird of Nicaragua is Turquoise-browed motmot.
- The famous dance of Nicaragua is Danza del Mestizaje.
- The famous dish of Nicaragua are Gallo pinto and Churrasco.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicaragua unter CC