- Peru has largest boundary with Brazil which is approximately 2995 km.
- Peru has shortest boundary with Chile which is approximately 171 km.
- The largest river in Peru is Amazon which is 6400 km.
- The largest export partner of Peru is China.
- The largest import partner of Peru is US.
- There are 40 seaports in Peru.
Special facts about Nobel Prize winners#
- Peru has only 1 Nobel Prize winner Mario Vargas Llosa. (Counting winners if born in Peru)
- The first Peru born Nobel Prize winner got this award quite late, 109 years after first Nobel Prize was awarded in 1901.
- The national bird of Peru is Andean cock-of-the-rock.
- Kantuta, Inca magic flower is the national flower of Peru.
- The famous dance of Peru is Marinera.
- The famous dish of Peru is Ceviche.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peru unter CC