On 25 November 1975, the country of Suriname left the Kingdom of the Netherlands to become an independent state, nonetheless maintaining close economic, diplomatic, and cultural ties to its former colonizer.
- Suriname has largest boundary with Guyana which is approximately 600 km.
- Suriname has shortest boundary with French Guiana which is approximately 510 km.
- The largest river in Suriname is Marowijne which is 720 km.
- The largest export partner of Suriname is US.
- The largest import partner of Suriname is US.
- There are 6 seaports in Suriname.
Tourist Attraction#A waterfall breaks the stillness in a lush pocket of Suriname rain forest.
- The famous dish of Suriname is Pom.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suriname unter CC