The head of government is Hun Sen, who is currently the longest serving non-royal leader in South East Asia and has ruled Cambodia for over 25 years.
In 1863 Cambodia became a protectorate of France which doubled the size of the country by reclaiming the north and west from Thailand.
While per capita income remains low compared to most neighbouring countries, Cambodia has one of the fastest growing economies in Asia with growth averaging 6 percent over the last decade.
- Cambodia has largest boundary with Vietnam which is approximately 1228 km.
- Cambodia has shortest boundary with Laos which is approximately 541 km.
- The largest river in Cambodia is Mekong which is 4350 km.
- The largest export partner of Cambodia is US.
- The largest import partner of Cambodia is Thailand.
- There are 6 seaports in Cambodia.
Tourist Attraction#Buddhist monks relax in the ruins of Bayon Temple, just one of many wonders at Angkor.
- The national fruit of Cambodia is Chicken egg banana.
- The national bird of Cambodia is Giant ibis.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodia unter CC