In 1946, Jordan became an independent sovereign state officially known as The Hashemite Kingdom of Transjordan.
The capture of the West Bank by Jordan during the 1948 Arab–Israeli War has showed that the Arab Legion forces known today as the Jordanian Armed Forces were the most effective among the Arab troops involved in the war.
- Jordan has largest boundary with Saudi Arabia which is approximately 744 km.
- Jordan has shortest boundary with West Bank which is approximately 97 km.
- The largest river in Jordan is Jordan River which is 250 km.
- The largest export partner of Jordan is US.
- The largest import partner of Jordan is Saudi Arabia.
- There are 3 seaports in Jordan.
Tourist Attraction#The Nabataean capital of Petra is one of the many spectacular historical sites in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- The national bird of Jordan is Sinai rosefinch.
- Black Iris is the national flower of Jordan.
- The famous dance of Jordan is Dabke.
- The famous dishe of Jordan is Mansaf.