Since 1975, it has been ruled by a Marxist and communist government.
- Laos is a land locked country.
- Laos has largest boundary with Vietnam which is approximately 2130 km.
- Laos has shortest boundary with Burma which is approximately 235 km.
- The largest river in Laos is Mekong which is 4350 km.
- The largest export partner of Laos is Thailand.
- The largest import partner of Laos is Thailand.
- There is 1 seaport in Laos.
Tourist Attraction#A Buddha reclines in Xieng Khuan, or Buddha Park, near the Thailand border.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laos unter CC