It is also the country with the lowest natural highest point in the world, at 2.4 metres (7 ft 10 in).
The islands gained independence from the United Kingdom in 1965, becoming a republic in 1968.
- The largest export partner of Maldives is France.
- The largest import partner of Maldives is Singapore.
- There is 1 seaport in Maldives.
Tourist Attraction#The 1,200 coral islands of the Maldives tempt swimmers, snorkelers, and other adventurers.
- The national bird of Maldives is White-breasted waterhen.
- The national dish of Maldives is Garudhiya.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maldives unter CC