Oman is categorized as a high-income economy and ranks as the 59th most peaceful country in the world according to the Global Peace Index.
The Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said has been the hereditary leader of the country since 1970.
Nevertheless, in 2010 the UNDP ranked Oman as the most improved nation in the world in terms of development during the preceding 40 years.
- Oman has largest boundary with Saudi Arabia which is approximately 676 km.
- Oman has shortest boundary with Yemen which is approximately 288 km.
- The largest export partner of Oman is China.
- The largest import partner of Oman is UAE.
- There are 9 seaports in Oman.
Tourist Attraction#Timeless hills look down upon the glittering lights of modern Matrah.
- The national animal of Oman is Arabian oryx.
- The famous dance of Oman is Al-Bar'ah.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oman