In 1945, Belarus became a founding member of the United Nations, along with the Soviet Union and the Ukrainian SSR.
Since a referendum in 1995, the country has had two official languages: Belarusian and Russian.
Belarus officially the Republic of Belarus, is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe. Its strongest economic sectors are service industries and manufacturing.
- Belarus is a landlocked country.
- Belarus has largest boundary with Russia which is approximately 959 km.
- Belarus has smallest boundary with Latvia which is approximately 171 km.
- The largest river in Belarus is Dnieper which is 2290 km.
- There are 3 seaports in Belarus.
- The biggest export partner of Belarus is Russia.
- The biggest import partner of Belarus is Russia.
National Facts of Belarus#
- The national bird of Albania is White stork.
- Cornflower is the national flower of Belarus.
- Text marked as italic is taken from Wikipedia "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarus" unter CC.