Cyprus was placed under British administration in 1878 and formally annexed by Britain in 1914.
With an advanced, high-income economy and a very high Human Development Index, the Republic of Cyprus is a member of the Commonwealth since 1961 and was a founding member of the Non-Aligned Movement until it joined the European Union on 1 May 2004.
On 1 January 2008, the Republic of Cyprus joined the eurozone.
- The largest export partner of Cyprus is Greece.
- The largest import partner of Cyprus is Greece.
- There are 15 seaports in Cyprus.
Surprising facts about Nobel Prize winners#
- The first Cyprus born Nobel Prize winner got this award quite late, 109 years after first Nobel Prize was awarded in 1901.
Tourist Attraction#Former warehouses hold hotels and yachts share space with fishing boats in Keryneia Bay.
- The national animal of Cyprus is Cypriot mouflon.
- Rose is the national flower of Cyprus.
- The famous dish of Cyprus is Fasolada.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus unter CC