b. Vienna, March 22, 1847, d. Vienna, Oct. 30, 1914, sculptor; uncle of Siegfried Weyr. Studied at the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts; worked at the studio of J. Cesar; contributed to the sculptural ornamentation of the Museums of Arts and Natural Sciences and the Hermesvilla in Vienna; numerous statues, e.g. H. Canon (1905) and J. Brahms (1908) in Vienna. Together with V. Tilgner is regarded as one of the most outstanding Neo-Baroque sculptors.
Literature#M. Poetzl-Malikova, Die Plastik der Ringstrasse. Kuenstlerische Entwicklung 1890-1918, 1976; W. Krause, Die Plastik der Wr. Ringstrasse. Von der Spaetromantik bis zur Wende um 1900, 1980.