* 1979 in Graz
Mag. Dr.rer.soc.oec. Olivia Koland
Environmental and climate economist, sustainability management
Vocal and outdoor coach, yodeling
Olivia KOLAND is an environmental and climate economist at the University of Graz. Background in economics and early specialization in environmental issues. Today professional and personal engagement in questions of ecological, social and economic sustainability from two ends (bottom-up and top-down).
Since 2005 active as a researcher, communicator, lecturer and moderator in the context of climate and global change based at the University of Graz (Wegener Centre for Climate and Global Change; Department of Economics; Department of Statistics and Operations Research).
Expertise in applied climate impact research and environmental policies, Publications/ Homepage. Special focus on supporting and interlinking local and regional activities to sustain a high quality of life.
Active yodel coach since 2011 and founder of “yodelcraft” http://www.yodelcraft.at as a platform for traditional Alpine yodeling in 2013. “yodelcraft” meets previous engagement for system change as an alternative and authentic bottom-up strategy for sustainable development through bethinking of traditions, reconnecting to nature and regional identity.
- Climate Services & Climate Change Communication: University of Graz, Wegener Center for Climate and Global Change, 2016 – current
- Sustainability Manager: Operations Management, University of Graz, Department of Statistics and Operations Research, 2014 – 2016
- Environmental Economist: Strategic Management, University of Klagenfurt, Department of Controlling and Strategic Management, 2014
- Post-Doc Research Scientist in Economics of Climate Change: University of Graz, Wegener Center for Climate and Global Change, Economics of Climate and Environmental Change Research Group, 2005 – 2013
- Scientific Coordinator Doktoratskolleg (DK) Climate Change, University of Graz, 2018 – current
- Process and Knowledge Management: University of Graz, Wegener Center for Climate and Global Change, 2017 – 2018
- Climate Services & Climate Change Communication: University of Graz, Wegener Center for Climate and Global Change, 2016 – 2017
- University of Graz (macroeconomics, environmental system sciences,), 2008 – 2011
- PhD programme in Economic and Business Sciences: University of Graz, Austria, 2005 - 2011
- Master programme in Economics: University of Graz, Austria, 2000 - 2005
- Project experience in interdisciplinary and international teams
- National and international presentations, lecturing
- Stakeholder processes
- Public relations work
- Moderation of groups
- Event management
- Vocal coach for Alpine yodeling and traditional folk music, yodeling courses
- Climate change impacts, costs of climate change, climate & environmental policy
- Quality of life, urban systems and regional development
- Climate change adaptation in agriculture & food production
- Climate change mitigation in transportation & land use
- 2011: Maximilian Jung Award for Innovative Doctoral Thesis, University of Graz, Dean of Faculty
- 2011: PhD Degree (Dr.rer.soc.oec) with honors
- 2006: Young Researcher Scholarship, University of Graz and Steiermaerkische Sparkasse
- 2005: Award for Excellent Master Thesis in Economics, University of Graz, Dean of Faculty