House of the Blackheads#
The House of the Blackheads located in old town Riga Riga, Rīgas pilsēta, Lettland was first built in the 14th century for the Brotherhood of the Blackheads Guild, a guild for unmarried German merchants in the city.
The building was bombed by the Germans in 1941 and demolished by the Communists in 1948. Reconstruction took place between 1995 and 1999; the building currently serves as a museum and concert hall.
The Riga Freedom Statue #
The monument, built in the early 1930s and unveiled in 1935, is 42 m (138 ft) high and is constructed of granite, travertine, and copper. At the top of the column is a copper figure of Liberty; the sculptures and bas-reliefs at the base depict Latvian culture and history.
A Guard of Honor is present at all times.
Saint Peters Church (2)#
A closer view of the Saint Peters Church steeple in Riga.
Some more pictures from Riga