Breitenwang, Tyrol, municipality in the district of Reutte, alt. 850 m, pop. 1,547, area 18.94 km2, east of Reutte, near Lake Plansee. - School of agriculture and domestic science, metalworks, beverage production, industrial electronics, storage power station Planseewerk (built in 1987, 48,000 kWh). - First documented mention in 1094, Baroque parish church (altered from 1685 to 1691) with frescos by J. J. Zeiller (around 1755) and a Gothic spire, mortuary chapel (altered in 1724, dance of death murals), Gothic chapel in commemoration of soldiers killed in war (1526, altered in 1954), Bad Kreckelmoos (first documented mention in 1450, built around 1600). On Dec. 3, 1137, Emperor Lothar III died here on his way home from Italy. Monument to King Ludwig II of Bavaria.